Sunday, October 31, 2010

Sogo Sushi in Easton

http://www.sogofusion.com/
Five years later and a score of dinners revolving around sushi, during my time at Lehigh I have made several trips to Bethlehem's two local sushi places: 24 East Asian Bistro and The Other Fish.

I decided last week that it was time to explore some of the Lehigh Valley's other sushi options. This decision could not have occurred at a better time.

Last Monday, I finished and published the interactive map that illustrates local Lehigh Valley residents' favorite restaurants (see post here). It was gathered by asking Twitter members for their favorite local restaurants, and from the stats of that post, I gather that list and the accompanying map has been helpful to others.

On evenings like last Friday, it was also a great resource for me. My roommate and I had been craving sushi for days and, using the map, elected to try one person's suggestion of Sogo (click for menu) in Easton.

I got an Eel Roll and the restaurant special: the Infinity Roll, created by wrapping avocado and crab meat with tuna rather than rice, and topped with roe. The presentation was beautiful, including several tasty sauces displayed in decorative rings around the rolls. Excellent.

My roommate also loved her rolls: the Monkey Roll "Shrimp tempura roll topped with avocado, three different kinds of spicy sauce" and the Fancy Spicy Tuna Roll, which is a standard spicy tuna roll with sauces.

The ingredients were fresh, there was improvisation in their presentation and the sauces that made the rolls so "fancy" and special were a nice addition. Not to mention the fact that the ambiance and interior decor of the restaurant is fantastic. It was a very enjoyable trip and it has topped my list for best sushi in the Lehigh Valley. So go!

No comments:

Post a Comment